MTCC realigns technical procedures
MTCC,technical procedures,realign,Malaysian Timber Certification System
The Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC) has revised its technical documents to ensure they are in line with the latest organisational, procedural and technical developments related to the Malaysian Timber Certification System (MTCS).
The latest updates also took into account the revisions made by PEFC to its corresponding standards and technical documents.
The revised documents are:
- SSP 4/2020 – Standard Setting Procedures for Development of Forest Management Certification Standards
- GFMC 3/2020 – Group Forest Management Certification – Requirements
- NCB 7/2020 – Procedure for PEFC Notification of Certification Bodies Operating Forest Management System or Chain of Custody Certification
- LG 8/2020 – Procedure for Issuance of PEFC Trademarks by MTCC
- MTCS 10/2020 – The Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme (MTCS) and Its Implementation
(Arrangement Documents are available at: http://mtcc.com.my/revised-mtcstechnical-documents-2020/)
The MTCS has been endorsed by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) the largest forest certification programme, representing more than 300 million ha. of certified forests worldwide. The MTCS is also the first tropical timber certification scheme in the Asia Pacific region to be endorsed by the PEFC.
Currently, there are 4.62 million ha of PEFC – MTCS certified forests in Malaysia, representing 18 Forest management units (FMUs) and 6 FPMUs. Some 381 PEFC certificates for Chain of Custody have been issued.